On-demand webcast: "How to visually schedule service orders with Dynamics NAV"
The standard Dynamics NAV service module seems to support—at least—two different roles when it comes to managing service orders: (a) a sales and/or service contact person creates a service order including some basic information such as customer, service item(s) and response date. It is then upon (b) the dispatcher to assign these service orders to service technicians and to plan for the time that working on these service items should take.
The Visual Service Scheduler (VSS) is a fully integrated add-in for Dynamics NAV which supports the day-to-day work of the service dispatcher. It combines a visual representation of the service schedule for all service technicians with a view on the yet unassigned service orders. As such users can see the workload of the service staff on a timeline, and can assign them new service tasks with simple and intuitive drag and drop actions. Of course, the VSS also allows creating dependencies between service tasks, cancel or change service order allocations and modify the length and timing of service orders.
- Gantt chart: service task schedule for every service resource.
- Tree chart: not yet allocated service orders, sorted by priority.
- Histogram (below Gantt chart): see resource utilization for resources and resource groups.
- Drag & drop service items lines from tree chart/task list into Gantt chart.
- Move service items lines vertically, i.e. from one resource to another.
- Change duration of service tasks.
- Upper Gantt chart: see service tasks schedule for every service resource; bar color indicates service order priority.
- Lower Gantt chart: see not yet allocated service orders/ service item lines;symbol indicates response date.
- Drag and drop service item lines from lower Gantt chart to upper Gantt chart.
- Change duration of service tasks by simple mouse actions
- Information value: View service orders, service item lines, resources and resource utilization at a glance. See both the service schedule and the not yet allocated service orders.
- Decision value: Ease the service dispatch process, understand conflicts, and take corrective actions with drag & drop.
- Business value: Better management and utilization of service staff, more agile reaction to unplanned incidents.
We put great emphasis on a partner-oriented Go-to-Market. That’s why we are looking for resellers worldwide with whom we want to gain local success and with whom we will share all locally generated leads.
Don’t hesitate: Contact us and become a NETRONIC reseller this very day so that you can benefit from our marketing efforts to launch the Service Scheduler right from the start.